This can have various causes:
- Check whether the 3711 sun and twilight sensor is correctly plugged into the device.
- The sensor must not be bent too much, as it is an optical fiber.
- Check in the RolloTron menu in the Sun section whether this automatic function is set to ON.
- Check the set limit value in the sun menu of the RolloTron device. On the left side you will see the currently measured value, on the right side you will see the set limit value, which you can change using the up and down buttons. If two dashes are displayed on the left side, the device measures too little sun and is out of the measuring range.
Mode of operation:
If the current brightness value exceeds the set limit value continuously for 10 minutes, the roller shutter moves down until the sensor is covered by the roller shutter and this detects shadows.
After about 20 minutes, the shutter opens slightly to expose the sensor.
If the limit value is continuously undershot for 20 minutes, the roller shutter opens fully again.
- When the menu is open, the sun program does not work. So you cannot control the values during the measurement, respectively, the program will be stopped immediately.
- Manual commands in the active sun program lead to the immediate end of the program. For example, if the roller shutter is operated manually or the menu is opened during the shadow phase of 20 minutes, the program is terminated and the belt rewinder no longer opens the roller shutter.