Due to local conditions, the range of even approved radio remote controls may be limited. Furthermore, the range can also be severely restricted by interfering signals. Triggers for this can be, for example:
Sources of interference such as:
- Baby monitors
- crane systems
- alarm systems
- Non-approved radio equipment
- Radio headphones, radio loudspeakers
- Medical devices
- Call systems
- Fluorescent lamps
Structural conditions such as:
- Shielding by reinforced concrete, sheet metal facades, etc.
- Copper gutters
- underground garages
- stud walls
The manufacturer and installer have no influence on the above-mentioned points, and there is no warranty claim.
Remedy can be achieved by:
- Determining the cause (e.g. measuring receiver, sporadic or constant disturbance).
- If possible, eliminate the sources of interference
- Other 230V DuoFern devices serve as repeaters